PACER users are billed quarterly. Users may either receive a notice that their invoice or statement is available online by email or, if requested, by U.S. mail. Login to:
- Review detailed billing transactions (e.g., track monthly usage)
- Check your current balance
- Update credit card information
- Make online credit card payments
- View invoices, statements, or transaction details for the past 24 months.
If you accrue PACER charges within a quarter, you will receive either:
- an Invoice if you have a balance due at the end of the quarter, or
- a Statement of Account if you have a credit or zero balance at the end of the quarter.
View a sample invoice and sample statement of account (pdf).
Pay Monthly by Tracking Usage
You may also pay on a monthly basis by tracking your usage. The previous month’s transactions are available after the 10th of the current month.
Upon logging in, select the “Usage” tab and click “View Detailed Transactions.”
If you plan to pay monthly:
- The payment will be posted to your account as a credit until you are billed at the end of the quarter.
- To ensure your payment is applied correctly, you must include your PACER account number, dollar amount being paid (if paying multiple accounts), and month you are paying on the check or money order.
- Acceptable forms of payment are check, money order, and credit card payment (online or by phone). To make an online payment, select "Make One-Time PACER Fee Payment" under the "Payments" tab, when logged into "Manage My Account."
- If your monthly usage is less than $30, we recommend that you wait for your quarterly invoice before remitting payment. PACER user fees that do not exceed $30 in a quarterly billing cycle are waived in accordance with the Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule.
Send a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars payable to: PACER Service Center. You must include your PACER account number on the check or money order and mail payment to:
U.S. Courts: PACER
P.O. Box 5208
Portland, OR 97208-5208
Credit or Refunds
If you have overpaid or need credit for a transaction that has already been billed you may fill out a form and submit to the PACER Service Center. A letter of explanation must be submitted with the form.
- Submit a Credit Request Form (pdf) for credit to be considered.
- Submit a Refund Form (pdf) to receive a refund for over payment made to the PACER Service Center.
Allow 4-6 weeks for refund processing. Refunds will be issued via electronic funds transfer or back to the credit card used originally. The refund will appear as a credit to your checking or savings account or on your credit card statement.